I know there are many people planning to take the plunge and start exercising as a part of their New Years resolution. However, I caution you to take it slow. Here are some tips on getting back in the game to safely start your journey to a healthier you!
Remember, it is Winter right now, so if you are in Ohio or any other northern state, use these tips to help you be safe if you plan to use outdoor activities for your exercise:
- Dress in layers so that you can remove or put back on as needed.
- Wear a hat to minimize the body heat lost from the head.
- Wear gloves or mittens to keep your hands warm.
- Wear comfortable shoes with a good traction.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after exercise.
- Wear sunscreen and sunglasses to protect from damaging rays reflected by snow.
It is almost a new year! Be safe out there! Until we meet again, I pray blessings for your life!